With its robust, data-driven customer experience capability, our approach has created a framework for spreading lasting CX improvements across the entire organization. In 1 year, our 11-person team, together with USDA partners, completed five CX projects at USDA:
- We created a OneUSDA ecosystem map to uncover interrelationships between USDA agencies, programs, and customers.
- We visited producers and loan officers in three states with the Farm Service Agency to develop and launch a Farm Loan Discovery Tool and Application Quick Guides, which ease the burdens of new farmers seeking vital USDA Direct Loans.
- We leveraged IDEA Act compliance to drive USDA web modernization efforts at the Office of Communications and OCIO. We conducted user research and testing with web managers to create a Digital Strategy Playbook and facilitated workshops with all nine USDA mission areas to improve CX.
- We showed the Forest Service how to improve public engagement in environmental decision making—increasing buy-in and reducing costly litigation.
- We developed a chatbot prototype to show how artificial intelligence could help USDA answer customer questions and reduce staff burdens.