Last Updated: September 1, 2019
- We use your personal information for legitimate business interests;
- We only disclose it when necessary;
- We only collect what we need, we delete it when we no longer need it, and we use reasonable measures to keep it secure;
- For contact, access or to remove consent please contact us at [email protected].
For more detailed information please see below.
- through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”);
- through our social media pages and apps (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”); and
Collectively, we refer to the Sites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, as the “Services”).
Personal and Other Information We May Collect
"Personal Information" is information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual's identity, either alone or when combined with other information that is linked or linkable to a specific individual for example:
- Contact Information;
- Candidate Applicant Information;
- Background Information;
- Credit or Debit Card Number;
- Other Human Resources Information;
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Sites: We collect Personal Information through the Sites, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, download a publication, register for an event or request information.
- Offline: We collect Personal Information from you offline, e.g., when you attend an event.
- From Other Sources: We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- publically available databases
- joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us
- sales channel partners
- demand generation companies;
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and device information;
- Application usage data;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you;
- Aggregated information.
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, referring URL, and the name and version of the Sites (such as the mobile application) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Sites function properly.
- Through your use of an App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Sites. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- From you: Information such as your preferred means of communication is collected when you voluntarily provide it.
How We May Use Personal and Other Information
Providing the functionality of the Sites and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Sites’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account when applying for a position, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about our Sites.
- To complete your transactions, and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To allow you to send messages to another person if you choose to do so.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our Sites, new products and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest or with your consent (where required).
Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Sites.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Sites that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any business purpose.
Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Sites;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Sites are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Sites are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests;
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
- You can consult the list and location of our affiliates here;
- To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us, including website hosting, data analysis, information technology, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services;
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Sites.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence;
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
- To cooperate with law enforcement to enforce our terms and conditions; and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction. We have a legitimate business interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.)
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any business purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we combine Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Third Party Sites
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by following the instructions contained in each email. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that, if you opt out, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Sites to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Sites);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Third Party Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
Use of the Site by Minors
The Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from such children.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, trade union membership or criminal background) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
The Sites are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Sites you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
If you are located in the EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission and binding corporate rules to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting [email protected] or by following this link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en.
Third Party Payment Processing
Additional Information for Individuals in the EEA
If you are located in the EEA, you also may:
- Lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs.