Vice President Steve Harrell is a leader in the firm’s engineering and science businesses. He has more than 25 years of experience across the Department of Defense (DoD) networking and communications fields.
He is an expert in satellite communications, acquisition, strategy, and program management and has supported clients such as the U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, and DoD Chief Information Officer and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
Since joining Booz Allen in 1992, Steve has been involved in numerous high-profile engagements, including:
- performing a study on methods to improve satellite voice conferencing in a nuclear environment
- developing communications architectures to support missile defense and nuclear command and control communications
- developing the U.S. bid for NATO processed satellite communications services
- participating in the transformational communications architecture study to integrate defense, intelligence, and civil satellite communications systems
- preparing a commercial satellite communications spend analysis across the department of defense for Congress
- establishing a commercial satellite communication leased services marketplace for the entire Federal Government as part of the joint DISA and GSA Future COMSATCOM Services Acquisition (FCSA), and
- establishing DoD efforts to provide DoD Commercial Mobile Device users with secure access to enterprise capabilities while realizing cost and security efficiencies.
In recognition of client service he and his team provided to DISA, he received the Professional Excellence Award, our highest honor. In addition, he received both DISA’s 2010 Diann McCoy Award for Excellence in Acquisition and the GSA’s 2009 Coalition for Government Partnership Excellence in Partnership Award.
Steve graduated from the from the Pennsylvania State University with a B.S. in electrical engineering and Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University with a M.S. in system engineering.
Profile updated April 2017