When it comes to cloud migration, a piecemeal approach is quickly becoming a thing of the past. As government agencies consider how aging infrastructures should be upgraded and transformed for the future, they’re increasingly doing so at a new scale—working at an enterprise level to unify cloud as a service.
In collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Booz Allen cloud architect Brad Beaulieu recently appeared on the Industry Insider program with Government Matters to detail some helpful steps for agencies to take when thinking through their cloud needs and how best to meet them using the products and services available in today’s increasingly crowded cloud marketplace. Here are some key takeaways from the conversation:
- Cutting across old silos through shared services and platforms: By enabling critical business and mission systems to accelerate through shared services, advanced analytics, and continuous security, this integrated approach is creating efficiencies and new value for consumers across the enterprise.
- Enterprise-level multicloud integration: There is a general shift towards platform-as-a-service and software-as-a-service adoption. Organizations that establish the core connectivity between environments—and the governance across them—are able to truly embrace multicloud scale and optimization.
- Aggregated, continuous security: Agencies need flexible and holistic visibility across all environments so they can know what’s happening in real time and react at the speed of relevance.
- Emergence of different-in-kind industry partnerships: Vendors and cloud providers are coming together in new ways to develop solutions and innovate across a broader set of challenges.
Cloud innovation is on the rise, and Booz Allen is helping large, complex organizations move as one, looking holistically across the enterprise and beyond for integration best practices with an emphasis on strategic partnerships.
- David Levy, Vice President U.S. Federal, Non-Profit and Non-Profit Healthcare, AWS
- Jim Matney, Vice President and General Manager, DISA and Enterprise Services Sector, GDIT
- Brad Beaulieu, Senior Cloud Security Architect, Booz Allen Hamilton