What Services does Booz Allen Offer?
CMMC Readiness (RPO)
Booz Allen’s RPO offering helps organizations prepare for their C3PAO certification visit by offering a wide array of preparation services. Our highly trained CMMC-AB certified Registered Practitioners have years of assessment experience and deep expertise in regulatory compliance. Because of our experience, we don’t offer “one size fits all” engagements but instead tailor them to meet a client’s needs, challenges, and unique environment.
We often begin an engagement with a CMMC readiness review. As part of the readiness review, we will review required CMMC program documentation (e.g., system security plan), verifying that required elements (i.e., system boundaries, operating environment, connections, and practice implementation) are present and accurate. We will use the same CMMC Assessment Guides a C3PAO will use to review your implementation of the practices to ensure all the assessment objectives are accounted for in the SSP. Additionally, we can review the organization’s artifacts (e.g., policies, procedures) that will be used as evidence to demonstrate the successful implementation of the practices. Additional services we can provide as part of a pre-assessment include:
- Identification of areas that need improvement (gap analysis)
- Provide actionable steps to close gaps identified during the pre-assessment (roadmap)
- System security plan creation
- Plan of Action and Milestones review and/or creation
- Supplier Performance Risk System scoring
Booz Allen knows CMMC readiness is more than just achieving compliance by implementing controls. Defense Industrial Base members need to understand the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement requirements, train their workforces, implement supply chain and “flow down” requirements, and mark and disseminate Controlled Unclassified Information in accordance with applicable laws, policy, and contract requirements. Additionally, there are questions on how an organization will maintain its compliance through the development of governance and continuous monitoring programs. Booz Allen can step in and provide expert advice on these and other issues.
Booz Allen stands above its competitors because of our ability to bring experts to solve the hardest problems related to the CMMC domains. Examples include:
- Our experts in our best-in-class Incident Response Capability can make sure your organization’s incident response program is optimized and can fully meet the requirements in CMMC’s Incident Response and Recovery domains
- Booz Allen’s Managed Threat Services have the National Security Agency Cyber Incident Response Assistance (NSA CIRA) accreditation and possess deep expertise in the CMMC’s Access Control, Audit & Accountability, System and Information Integrity domains.
- Our Operational Technology (OT) Solutions team can ensure you’re ready when CMMC requirements expand beyond the information technology space and into your OT environments.
- Booz Allen’s Cloud Solutions experts can ensure that your implementation of the CMMC practices is done correctly in your private or public cloud infrastructure.
Whatever the challenge is, Booz Allen’s RPO capability is ready to take your CMMC program to the next level and make sure you’re ready for your C3PAO assessment.
CMMC Assessment (C3PAO)
Booz Allen has over 100 years of experience in assessing and securing systems and environments for government use. We are a provisional C3PAO. We will offer two services as a C3PAO:
- Gap assessment to identify mitigation measures required prior to conducting an official CMMC assessment: A gap assessment is conducted in the same manner as an official CMMC assessment. Each practice and process is evaluated to determine compliance with CMMC standards and process maturity. As part of the gap assessment, Booz Allen will assist your organization in gathering evidence needed for the CMMC assessment. A roadmap will be provided to prepare your organization for an official CMMC assessment.
- CMMC assessment to achieve certification: This assessment follows the CMMC-AB Assessment Guide to determine the satisfaction and maturity for each practice and process using the CMMC verification criteria. Booz Allen will provide an assessment report and if there are no deficiencies, issue the appropriate CMMC certificate to your organization for the specified certification boundary. Booz Allen will also submit a copy of the assessment report and CMMC certificate to the Department of Defense.
Booz Allen will be ready to fulfill its C3PAO role to conduct CMMC certificate awarding assessments for clients as soon as we complete our Defense Industrial Base Cybersecurity Assessemt Center assessment and receive our CMMC Level 3 certification. In addition to CMMC training, the Booz Allen team has significant assessment experience and qualifications in similar compliance areas (e.g., the Federal Risk and Assessment Management Program, the Federal Information Security Modernization Act, the Department of Defense's Risk Management Framework).
3 Ways to Prepare for CMMC
- Stay up-to-date with the Department of Defense CMMC website to check for any updates or the latest developments.
- Work with certified assessors to close gaps in your cybersecurity models and practices.
- Work to practice cybersecurity as laid out by CMMC documentation to close any gaps that might prevent you from certification.
Why Booz Allen?
- We have worked closely with the federal government to establish and refine the new CMMC framework from the beginning
- As a trusted advisor to the Department of Defense, Booz Allen consultants work inside the office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment, the epicenter of CMMC inside the Pentagon, helping guide its roll out
- Fully accredited RPO and provisional C3PAO
- Proven expertise in all 17 CMMC domains
- First accredited Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, provisional C3PAO to be International Organization for Standardization and International Electrotechnical Commission 17020 compliant, demonstrating we have the independence and technical competency required to observe, examine, and test security implementations and collect representative evidence
- Accomplished leader in consulting on and assessing secure and compliant government and private-sector solutions for commercial clouds and information systems
- Migrated over 400 applications to cloud environments and one of the few Amazon Web Services Premier Consulting Partners in North America
- 500+ cloud-certified staff worldwide
- Over 100 years of experience in assessing and securing systems and environments for government use
- Experienced with all levels of clients from small to large business
- Our services will not only help businesses comply in CMMC regulations, but also improve cybersecurity and safety for the company
To get started on your CMMC journey, contact us.
Get more information about cybersecurity solutions or to speak with our experts.