For more than a decade, Booz Allen and AWS have joined forces to deliver cloud services to government and commercial enterprises. As an AWS Premier Services Partner, we have unique technical insight into AWS offerings and have built an experienced team of thousands of AWS-certified professionals. Complementing Booz Allen’s deep knowledge of federal missions, our AWS-specific expertise encompasses government and classified clouds, DevSecOps, cybersecurity, and more.
Through the Booz Allen BrightLabs innovation unit, we collaborate with AWS technical teams to prototype and beta-test new edge-computing services and capabilities. From blueprinting and 5G architecture to deployment and hosting, we integrate capabilities like the AWS Snow Family, AWS Outposts, and AWS Wavelength into cohesive, end-to-end edge systems. With an innovative approach that emphasizes reuse and modular open systems, we assemble and deploy these systems with the speed, scale, and reduced risk and cost our clients expect, no matter their unique mission requirements. Research-and-development projects include:
- Deploying Booz Allen capabilities onto new AWS hybrid edge services that incorporate smaller edge-cloud devices for specialized applications
- Designing an edge cloud node that provides private 5G services to other end-user devices
- Honing tools to improve AI processing and AI-5G integration
- Hosting an Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK) on the AWS Snow Family to provide situational awareness without a need for reachback to a central cloud
- Hosting a client mission systems platform on Classified AWS Snow Family to provide a surrogate for software-in-the-loop/hardware-in-the-loop configuration used in rapid prototyping in a Government Systems Integration Lab
- Enhancing the performance of artificial reality and virtual reality tools for on-demand training in maintenance procedures on naval ships
- Modeling the use of edge systems to improve vehicle-to-vehicle communication for a fleet of autonomous vehicles
Throughout, our shared focus is to help agencies quickly move beyond prototypes so they can configure, integrate, and operationalize new edge capabilities to support their real-world missions.