Ted Sniffin oversees enterprise-wide efforts to drive business growth. As the director of business development, he leads integrated growth teams at the corporate and group levels that include market intelligence, business development, capture operations, solution development, proposal management, and competitive pricing across the defense, intelligence, civil, health, homeland security, and law enforcement markets.
In his 20 years with Booz Allen, Ted has served as a business leader in Booz Allen's Defense and Intelligence, and Civil businesses, providing management consulting, digital, cyber, analytics, and engineering solutions to solve our clients’ most strategic challenges. He provided executive oversight of the firm’s support to the Departments of Labor, Commerce, Energy, and Agriculture. Prior to that, his business leadership was focused on supporting defense acquisition and logistics clients. He oversaw the firm’s support to the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, and the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
Ted is a recognized functional expert in a number of Booz Allen's management consulting and program management capabilities, including:
- Strategic planning
- Large-scale organizational change
- Business process reengineering
- Cost reduction and efficiency
- Acquisition, program management, and logistics
Ted applied his experience and insights on numerous engagements, including leading:
- Organizational and process redesign efforts for Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition clients, including the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology, and the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force/Acquisition
- Strategic planning and the development of the DLA’s 2015-2022 Strategic Plan for the DLA Director
- Reengineering of DoD’s global medical evacuation processes for the U.S. Transportation Command
- Organizational transformation and strategy efforts for defense personnel clients, including the Office of the Secretary of Defense (Personnel & Readiness), the Army G-1, and the Air Force A-1
- Strategic planning advisory services for numerous Joint, Army, Navy, and Air Force flag officers and senior executives
- Design and implementation of strategic planning organizations and strategic management processes for the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology), U.S. Army Recruiting Command, Internal Revenue Service, and National Institutes of Health
Ted was recognized in 2003 with Booz Allen's Professional Excellence Award for outstanding customer service for his leadership in support of the U.S. Transportation Command. In addition, he was recognized with the 2008 Booz Allen Excellence Award for client service.
Before joining the firm, Ted worked at Northrup Grumman Information Technology where he led strategic planning, total quality management, process redesign, and change management services in support of the Office of the Under Secretary of the Navy and Assistant Secretary of the Navy.
Ted earned a B.A. in English from George Mason University, and an M.B.A. with a concentration in corporate finance from The Johns Hopkins University. He completed Harvard University’s program for senior executives in national and international security at the John F. Kennedy School of Government. He serves on the Dean’s Advisory Board of the Carey Business School at The Johns Hopkins University.