Extortionist ransomware tactics have grown more popular in 2020. Attacks from ransomware operators Maze and Sodinokibi are of particular concern.
The tactics these bad actors use continue to evolve. To force faster and higher payments, they now often threaten to share details of their breaches with regulatory bodies and even stock exchanges.
Fortunately, there are negotiation strategies that can help. Using them as a guide, your organization can get the right tools and processes in place to minimize the impact of ransomware attacks and recover your critical information.
Join us as we discuss:
- The current ecosystem of ransomware, malware, and criminal threat actors
- How to be prepared for next-generation extortion attacks
- What an effective negotiation strategy looks like
- What extortion and ransomware techniques we expect to gain traction in 2021
Webinar Event Details:
- Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 1 pm – 2 pm EDT
- Registration is free
What You’ll Learn:
- An up-to-date overview of the ransomware and malware threat landscape, including trends and tactics
- How to prepare for and respond to extortion attacks
- Strategies for negotiating effectively
- Our threat-intelligence-informed predictions on how extortion and ransomware techniques will continue to evolve
- Gregory Baker
Incident Response and Negotiations Lead, Booz Allen
- Jake Styczynski
Cyber Threat Analyst & Cyber Threat Trends Lead, Booz Allen