Miguel Crespo is an information security leader working in Booz Allen’s commercial business, with success in guiding, consulting and leading clients through cyber solutions for their business and risk concerns. This includes the implementation of leading-edge technology while balancing security initiatives to risks, business operations, and innovations.
With more than 17 years of experience as an information security professional and intelligence and information warfare leader, Miguel has served both defense and military as well as commercial clients. His specialties include incident, crisis, and breach response; data protection and privacy; secure systems design and architecture; and program management. He has extensive experience in the chemical, pharmaceutical, healthcare, life sciences, and financial sectors.
Miguel served in the U.S. Navy as an intelligence and cybersecurity officer. He has held cybersecurity leadership roles for several organizations including Mandiant, Ernst & Young, ManTech, and the Defense Information Systems Agency. In these roles, he provided leadership in cyber threat intelligence, network security, security operations center design and management, incident response, penetration testing, systems security engineering, training, certification and accreditation, and systems security engineering.
Some highlights of his experience include:
- Developed a global security transformation for a Fortune 500 chemical company
- Served in multiple interim chief information security officer roles for state and local government, biomedical, and chemical industries
- Managed, developed and administered a global privacy program including work counsel discussions, compliance with data privacy laws (U.S., Germany and the Netherlands), and implementation of a global data classification schema
- Developed a global threat intelligence program for a large multinational bank with operations in seven countries
- Developed an intellectual property protection program for a Fortune 500 high technology developer
Miguel has a B.S. in management of information systems from National-Louis University and a M.S. in information assurance from Norwich University. In addition, he holds a number of professional certifications including certified information privacy professional, certified information systems manager, and certified information systems security professional.