Mexican Drug Cartel
Glenn Harned is a Principal with Booz Allen Hamilton, a leading strategy and technology consulting firm. His specialty is Irregular Warfare and Complex Operations.
In this segment, Harned discusses the drug war that is currently engulfing a portion of the United States–Mexican border and its potential for the realization of narco-terrorism.
Harned explains that this problem is a potential avenue for terrorists and extremists to cross the border into the United States. He makes the following key observations:
- Because of the Mexican drug problem, the United States faces the prospect of a failing state on our southern borders.
- Our opponents are using the nation’s southern states as sanctuaries for Mexican drug cartels.
- This problem cuts across distinctions between being a domestic security issue and a foreign security issue.
- A mission integration approach to the problem is needed for stabilizing the southern borders.
View more discussions with Glenn Harned on Irregular Warfare and Complex Operations:
- Mission Integration: Irregular Warfare and Complex Operations podcast
- Complex Operations podcast
- Policy and Strategy Development podcast
- Success Stories podcast
- Mexican Drug Cartel podcast
- Ocean Piracy podcast
- The Future of Complex Operations podcast
- Combating the Message of Hatred Against the West podcast