Designing and developing mission-critical systems is a formidable challenge. Typically, it is a multi-year process during which organizations face numerous time, budget, and resource constraints. Stakeholder needs are complex, technologies constantly change, and system requirements are often ambiguous and volatile. Moreover, the system must work effectively when deployed, and it must be practical to maintain and cost-effective to enhance if needed.
Booz Allen Hamilton’s Systems Development and Integration professionals understand the myriad complexities our clients face in designing and building technology solutions. Our approach to systems development couples our full, firmwide capabilities with a deep understanding of our clients’ missions, process improvement requirements, and business process management objectives. This powerful approach is why agencies across government turn to Booz Allen. We have an unprecedented track record developing and delivering complex systems that meet our clients’ needs.
Booz Allen’s proprietary mission delivery life cycle (MDL) uses Mission Engineering® to drive the delivery of solutions to meet our client’s mission needs.
Our Systems Development teams leverage the firm's extensive domain and functional IT expertise, proven metrics and methodologies, and the best combination of third-party technology solutions to solve complex problems for our clients. Our systems delivery capability is based on strong technical skills and our capability maturity model® integration (CMMI) Level 3-rated comprehensive systems delivery approach. Quality and performance metrics are built into every engagement.
In addition, Booz Allen has an innovative approach to system user requirements that integrates our mission delivery life-cycle best practices with Mission Engineering®. The process produces a highly decomposed and visual representation of user requirements that provides traceability to related costs, schedule, and results. This facilitates the analysis of alternatives and enables systems delivery to be optimized on the basis of parameters such as agility, cost, schedule, and risk.
Our performance-based approach employs metrics to measure results. The process starts during the system development and delivery process and continues through system transition and operations. This ensures that excellence is achieved in both system delivery and, most important, in mission assurance.
Booz Allen is known for delivering the right solution the first time—on time, within budget, and with high rates of user acceptance. Our systems and software solutions are enabling clients to inspect and protect our nation’s food supply, address taxpayer pressures for service, and track the transport of military patients from battlefield to treatment facility. In short, Booz Allen delivers results that endure.
Turn to us for a full range of systems development and delivery capabilities that include:
- Biometrics. We help clients develop biometrics systems in multiple domains that include new capabilities to leverage biometrics tools in innovative ways.
- Business Intelligence. We help clients implement fully integrated, flexible, adaptable, and scalable solutions to manage information intelligently and simplify business processes.
- Business Process Management. We help clients transform traditional business functions from paper-based, insular processes to fully integrated, business-managed, performance-driven processes that cut across departmental and organizational boundaries.
- Data Management. We help clients develop high-quality, cutting-edge data-centric solutions.
- Systems and Software Process Improvement. We help clients with the scope, goals, and implementation plans for process improvement, including the use of optimal governance structures and policies, the selection of effective tools, and the development of successful processes.
- Enterprise Content Management. We help clients identify the high-priority challenges their organizations face and determine strengths and weaknesses in their current approach. We work with clients to provide a roadmap that encompasses business processes, records management, workflow, and document management within the framework of our enterprise content management solution.
- IT Program Management Office (PMO). We help clients create end-to-end IT PMO services for large systems integration programs, including access to industry and Booz Allen best practices, procedures, and tools.
- Performance-Based Application Management. We apply institutionalized best practices and performance-based methodologies to help our clients consolidate and improve their portfolio of applications so they can realize greater efficiencies and cost-savings.
We deliver our broad range of capabilities to the following markets:
Helping civilian government agencies innovate, modernize, and transform to achieve operational efficiency and mission effectiveness. Learn More
Serving commercial clients across the industrial and services sectors with expert, unbiased advice that helps companies succeed in tackling the most pressing issues and opportunities in business today. Learn More
Supporting the Department of Defense with advanced strategy and technology solutions to enable the US military to deter enemies and threats. Learn More
Providing the intelligence community with strategy and technology solutions for secure intelligence gathering, analysis and dissemination. Learn More
Management and technology solutions to support the special missions of nonprofit organizations. Learn More