Executive Vice President
Bill Phelps, a Booz Allen Hamilton Executive Vice President, leads the firm’s U.S. commercial business. As the Commercial lead, Bill drives the firm’s advancement in cyber, analytics, cloud, IoT, and agile systems development to address the most mission-sensitive challenges facing commercial organizations today. He also directs delivery of integrated consulting and advanced technology solutions to clients including large commercial and investment banks, utilities, oil and gas companies, major retailers, auto manufacturers and large pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Mr. Phelps is a trusted advisor to senior client executives, helping them understand and address complex cyber security challenges as well as broader technology driven business disruption. He is also a widely respected keynote speaker and panelist at major security conferences where he has spoken on topics related to cyber security, situational awareness, IT resiliency, and real time compliance.
His areas of expertise include:
- Defining security strategy and governance models for large organizations
- Assessing organizational security vulnerability using red teaming and various framework based approaches
- Delivering advanced defensive security approaches including threat hunting and security analytics
- Developing and implementing approaches for outsourcing cyber capabilities
- Securing emerging cloud & IoT based enterprise architectures
- Advising on disruptive infrastructure technologies for networks and cloud computing
Prior to joining Booz Allen, Mr. Phelps held a number of senior leadership roles at Accenture. His primary role from 2008 to 2016 was leading the Accenture Security Practice, first in North America and then globally. Under his leadership the practice grew fivefold, adding multiple service lines including managed security. He also played a key role in three security-related acquisitions, and in the development of Cyber Fusion and R&D centers around the globe. In addition to his senior roles at Accenture, Bill spent four years as co-founder and senior leader at SevenSpace, a venture-backed innovator of remote infrastructure services, which was subsequently sold to Sun Microsystems.
Mr. Phelps earned his MBA from the University of Texas at Austin where he won the 1986 Moot Corp Venture Design Competition and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Connecticut.