Michael Isman, a Washington, DC-based Vice President at Booz Allen Hamilton, is an executive in the Strategic Innovation Group (SIG) who leads the firm’s Edge Technologies organization which looks beyond the walls of Booz Allen and over the business horizon to proactively seek, embrace, and invest in next generation technologies and relationships with industry, strategic alliances, academia and startup firms that strengthen our core business and accelerate our innovation agenda. The organization creates new, high margin opportunities leveraging ‘break-away’ technologies, driving proofs of concept/pilot programs and positioning Booz Allen in the innovation ecosystem across our Innovation Hubs in-line with a vision for future business imperatives for our clients. Mr. Isman has also led several market-facing businesses for Booz Allen clients across our Federal Civilian portfolio, including General Services Administration, Department of Commerce, Department of Labor, Office of Personnel Management, the State Department, Department of Justice, Department of Transportation, Department of Homeland Security, the Executive Office of the President, and Congress, as well as multiple commercial entities.
Mr. Isman’s expertise includes:
- Management consulting
- Technology Innovation Services
- Venturing and Technology Scouting
- Business and IT optimization and efficiency
- Business and IT strategy and strategic planning
- Crowdsourcing and Alternative Ideation
- IT portfolio and demand management, capital planning, and investment control
- IT governance
- Advanced strategies in cloud computing, service oriented architecture, advanced delivery models and innovative technologies
- Enterprise architecture
- Shared services and mission support optimization
- Government-wide services and lines of business
- Organizational/business transformation
- Program management
Mr. Isman has collaborated with clients on the delivery of several critical initiatives that have had government-wide implications, such as federal lines of business, human resource services, acquisition solutions, investment decision solutions, records management, enterprise effectiveness and efficiency, and support for federal policy implementation across a variety of topics.
Mr. Isman is a frequent panel speaker and interviewee on strategic technology topics and the service offerings mentioned above. Prior to joining Booz Allen, he was a senior manager/subject matter expert at CGI-AMS, Bankers Trust, and Kwasha Lipton.
Mr. Isman holds a B.S.E. degree in biomedical engineering from Duke University and an M.B.A. from New York University’s Leonard N. Stern School of Business.
profile updated November 2016