Bill A. Thoet
Executive Vice President
Bill Thoet, an Executive Vice President with Booz Allen Hamilton, has more than 25 years of experience in the area of decision analytics. He leads the Advanced Engineering and Rapid Prototyping initiatives within the firm’s Strategic Innovation Group.
Previously, Mr. Thoet led the firm’s acquisition business in the Joint market, including the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), US Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisitions, Technology, and Logistics (AT&L), and US Special Operations Command (SOCOM). He also was instrumental in the development of the firm’s rapid prototyping and platform integration services, and in Booz Allen’s Decision Analytics Center of Excellence. He and his staff applied the firm’s capabilities in live, constructive, virtual (LVC) modeling and simulation; portfolio decision services, cost restructuring; applied economic analysis; commercial strategy; quantitative management controls; integrated financial analysis and resource management; wargaming, and hardware development and design to problems that include:
- Finding and geolocating weak signals
- Developing biometrics solutions to non-cooperative identification
- HIV/AIDS country planning for India and China
- Infrastructure modernization optimization for the US Air Force
- Training simulation for anti-tank missile crews
- Cost restructuring for the Virginia class submarine
- Helping the US Navy determine what to cut, keep, and buy
- Helping the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) optimize capture and deportation of criminal aliens
Mr. Thoet is the Chairman of the National Board of Trustees for the ALS Association.
He has a B.E. degree in electrical engineering and an M.S. degree in computer science from Stevens Institute of Technology.
profile updated April 2013